Flexibilis kábel javítása forrasztással – hol van a megvalósíthatóság határa?
I think, for me there is here:
This is the flex cable of a Canon EF-S 17-55 lens (from the IS unit). The brave good owner tried to repair the aperture flex cable. After that, the inventory is the following:
– new aperture cable broken
– all lens elements have fingerprints and dust
– USM motor disassembled, 2 failing screws, the whole unit out of order
– focusing not possible, mounted in a false way
– the flex cable from the IS unit damaged: 9 wires were teared….IS unit out of order
The biggest problem is, that there is no cable for it on the ebay, and no new or used IS unit on the free market.
For this reason I decided to repair the damaged cable. As You see on the image, is not too easy: there are 3 wires (and 3 gaps) on 1 mm….
For the soldering I used fluid flux, I worked under the microscope with 20x magnifying, and I put a thin wire on the scrapped surface of the cable (scrapped to reach the copper surface). After soldering I put some 2 component glue on it.